LTWA Talk Series: Dr. Jamyang Rinchen, the Principal Tibetan-Chinese interpreter of His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, gave a talk on The General Presentation on Translation to the students of the 12th Intensive Translation Program and general public on 9th August 2017.
Presentation: Click here.
A brief Introduction of the speaker:
- Ph.D. Harvard University, 2014: Department of South Asian Studies
- Dissertation: “A Record of a Tibetan Medieval Debate: History, Language, and Efficacy of Tibetan Buddhist Debate.”
- M.Phil. (Distinction) Institute of Buddhist Dialectics, Dharamsala (IBD), India, 2004: Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy in Abhidharma, Vinaya, Nyingma School, Kagyu School, and Sakya School.
Thesis in Tibetan: “སེམས་དང་ཆོས་ཉིད།” (Mind and Emptiness)
- M.A. (Distinction) IBD, 2000: Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy in Madhyamaka.
- B.A. (First Division) IBD, 1997: Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy in Prajñāpāramitā and Pramāṇa
1996-present: Principal Tibetan-Chinese interpreter of His Holiness the
Fourteenth Dalai Lama
1998-present: Teacher/advisor of Fa Xiang Shan Dialectics Temple Taiwan
2004-2010: Director of Fa Xiang Shan Translator Training Center, Dharamsala, India
Books and Translated publications:
2000: My Guru Dalai Lama
2002: Go on My Way Bravely
2012: Fulfill the Hope of Wise
2016: His Holiness Dalai Lama’s Commentary on Thirty Seven Practices of Bodhisattvas
2017: Science and Philosophy in the Indian Buddhist Classics